We Provide: Kindness as well as:
• a warm, cafe environment for homeless women to come in from the streets and weather.
• a point of entry/contact for homeless women, some with children, living on our streets, the arroyos, and in their cars.
• drop off baby sitting for mom’s without daycare, allowing women to search for jobs, keep appointments, or simply take a much needed break.
• food, furnishings, clothing, financial help with rent, eviction prevention, utilities, etc. to people trying to stabilize in our community.
We Help With:
• advocacy, information and resources to women seeking housing, Protection Orders, State I.D.’s, driver’s licenses, birth certificates, transportation, gift cards, procuring donated cars, furniture, gift cards to buy essentials, baby formula, etc.
• referrals and intake for Adelante, a program that ensures homeless children have equal access to schools, uniforms, clothing, backpacks, food, etc.
• We utilize many other fellow agency resources in the community as needed.
Sojourners Requires Funding:
Donations: Food, baby supplies, furnishings, dishes, clothing. Often things we take for granted that the homeless consider a gift.
Services: Helping with an oil change (cars are houses), hair cuts, a meal, and gift cards that are available in many stores.
Volunteers: We need support from the community. Our goal is to support women who are struggling by bringing our community to them. Santa Fe has HEART!
1424 4TH Street
Santa Fe, NM 87505